The General Pension Fund of Sint Maarten (APS) is a self-governing entity charged with administering the pensions of approximately 4.600 civil servants, teachers and employees of other government-related organizations in Sint Maarten.
As per September 2020, the position of Chairman of the Board will become available, due to the ending of the term of the current Chairman of the Board.
Pursuant to the Law on the APS, the Chairman is appointed by National decree, upon nomination of candidates by the Board to the Minister of Finance.
In order to make an objective and transparent recommendation, the APS seeks to recruit a highly motivated and dynamic individual, who along with 4 board members, will steer the organization, safeguard the pensions of its participants and further strengthen the position of the fund in the coming years in what will be a challenging financial, economic, social and political climate!
A suitable candidate for the position:
- is in the possession of an academic degree, has knowledge in the fields of law and/or finance, and is prepared to acquire pension-related knowledge as required;
- must be neutral, non-partisan and independent in the broadest sense, both politically and in society;
- has proven fact-based problem-solving skills and can form opinions with a strategic mindset;
- has several years of experience in leadership of an organization, is an excellent team player and collaborator, able to maintain internal strategic synergy while safeguarding the external strategic independence of the organization;
- has the ability to lead meetings in an efficient and effective manner, to balance diverging opinions and to promote an atmosphere of equal and active participation;
- has shown to be approachable and socially aware and can easily build and maintain relationships within all levels of society;
The selected candidate will undergo integrity screening by the Central Bank of Curaçao and Sint Maarten, and by the National Security Service of Sint Maarten.
How to apply
Applications from suitable candidates are welcomed.
All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Mrs. Margo Lelieveld.
- Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position together with a short motivation(maximum 2 pages), summarizing why your motivation to apply for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point. Information submitted will be handled within strict privacy guidelines.
- Closing date for receipt of applications will be August 1, 2020.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
For additional information or any questions regarding the application process please contact the office of Montae Caribbean, Ms. Alicia Hof, on +599 9 513 9678.